Comment on page
How to connect the Sync2 wallet to a Thor Solo Node
This tutorial will provide a step by step guide for running a Thor solo node and connecting it to the Sync2 wallet. The Thor solo node is a sandbox development mode for the VechainThor blockchain, that can be started (and is only available) on a single server. It is not publicly accessible and the generated blocks will be lost if the solo node is stopped.
docker run -p 127.0.0.1:8669:8669 vechain/thor:latest solo --api-cors '*' --api-addr 0.0.0.0:8669
This will launch a solo node with the following configuration:
- On a localhost using port 8669
- Using the latest release of thor solo
- Accepting all cross origin requests
- Allowing all remote connections
Sync2 is designed to work with all mainstream web browsers (e.g., Chrome, Safari, MS Edge, Firefox, etc), desktop, and mobile devices.
The main advantage and purpose of Sync2 is the massive simplification of dApps and dApp usage. All editions of Sync2, no matter whether the native app is built for desktop or mobile or the automatically invoked SPA version, are designed to appear and function pretty much in the same way, therefore providing a consistent and comfortable user experience for users across different OS and devices.
- 1.Click theicon, in the top left hand corner.
- 2.Click Settings.
- 3.Click Nodes.
- 4.Click theicon, in the upper right hand corner.
- 5.Enter the node's url
- 6.Click Add to add node.
- 1.Click upper lefticon, in the top left hand corner, to open the wallet list.
- 2.Click theicon to create a new wallet.
- 3.Click upper righticon.
- 4.Select Private.
- 5.Click Import.
- 6.Enter the mnemonic words for the Thor solo node built-in wallet.
Mnemonic phrase of the Thor solo node built-in wallet:
denial kitchen pet squirrel other broom bar gas better priority spoil cross
Do not use the above mnemonic phrase to secure mainnet assets. The funds will not be secure as the mnemonic is exposed.
- 7.Enter your password to authorize the import
Devpal is a set of tools to help your develop and test on a Thor solo mode and start your blockchain journey smoothly. Devpal contains two tools:
You can simply run devpal by running the following command:
http://locahost:8669 is set as the default node url.
If you want to change it, please use
npx @vechain/devpal [Thor REST URL]